Using Cashless Payment Technology
Your personalized festival wristband is not only your ticket to get into Reggae Rise Up faster, but it will also be used as your digital wallet to make purchases at the event – all with a simple tap of your wristband! Gone are the days of having to worry about walking around the festival with your wallet or fumbling for change in your pocket; instead, enjoy fast, convenient and secure transactions using your RFID-enabled wristband. Now, all you have to focus on is enjoying the feel-good music!
Cashless is the only method of payment on-site. To make the most of your on-site experience, register your wristband online and ‘top-up’ by loading pre-paid funds into your cashless account before you arrive – this will save you tons of time at the festival, so you can go straight to the action.
REGISTER YOUR WRISTBAND & TOP-UP ONLINE
Ready to begin your cashless experience? After you have swapped your ticket for your wristband, click the link below and follow the instructions.
STEP 1: CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- Register Here
- Click “Register” to register using your personal details or use an existing Facebook account to sign up
- You will receive an email from Intellipay asking you to confirm your registration by clicking the activation button in the email
- Follow the instructions on the website to finish setting up your account
STEP 2: LINK YOUR WRISTBAND
- Once you’re logged in, click the “Wristbands” tab from the top menu and select “I have a wristband”
- If you purchased multiple wristbands, you must assign a wristband to each of your festival buddies and have them each create a new account with their wristband ID number. Only one wristband can be attached to each account
- Enter the Security Code (shorter number) and Wristband Number (longer number) located on the back of the RFID tag on your wristband
- Click “Add”
STEP 3: TOP-UP YOUR ACCOUNT
- Click the “Top-up” tab from the top menu and then click the blue “Top-up” button
- You will be asked if you want to “Enable Auto-Top-up” – you can click “Maybe later” or “Yes, enable” (see below for details)
- Enter the amount you wish to top-up, review your order and click “Checkout” when ready
- Enter your credit card information on the payment site
All unspent credit will be refunded back to you after the event (less a $5.00 refund processing fee). Please review our refund policy for more details.
ENABLING AUTO TOP-UP
If you’re worried about missing a performance at Reggae Rise Up because you have to search for a Top-up Station, the easiest and most convenient way to add credit to your account is to “Enable Auto Top-up”. With the “Enable Auto Top-up” feature, your account balance will automatically re-load $30 pre-paid credit into your account when your balance drops below $10. The pre-paid amount will automatically be charged to your credit card and you will receive an email notification of this transaction.Don’t miss out on the benefits of Auto Top-up:
- Optimal convenience
- Saves you time not having to visit a “Top-up Station” to top-up more credit
- You’ll never run low on credit at the event
- Automatic email notifications whenever your account gets re-loaded with credit
- Automatic refund back on your credit card for leftover credit after the event
- Auto Top-Up can be disabled anytime from your cashless account settings
GETTING YOUR WRISTBAND
On March 2nd and 3rd, you will have the opportunity to swap your ticket for your wristband if you go to Vinoy Park between 12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. If you can’t swap your ticket during these times, there will also be a FREE Reggae Rise Up Launch Party from 6-10pm at Vinoy Park to help kick-off the weekend, where you will also be able to swap your ticket for your wristband. Swapping your ticket for your wristband before Reggae Rise Up begins will allow you to register and top-up before the event, ensuring that you will be ready to go when doors open!
Note: If you are unavailable during these dates and times, you will receive your RFID wristband when you arrive at the festival in exchange for your ticket. You can then register and top-up using your smartphone, or by visiting a Top-up Station on-site.
- Ability to top-up your account in advance, saving you time from visiting a Top-Up Station at the festival
- Email notifications of all your top-up and purchase transactions
- Tracking of your on-site purchases
- Automatic refund after the event (for any leftover credit from online top-ups)
- If you ever lose or break your wristband, customer service will be able to cancel and re-issue you a new wristband and transfer your account balance if you are registered
You can top-up at one of the on-site Top-Up Stations located throughout the event grounds. However, vendor stands will not be able to top-up for you, so make sure you have enough credit in your account before making purchases. Trained staff will be on-hand to help you through the process.
Now that you’ve topped-up your account, you can make cashless purchases for food, drinks and merchandise at Reggae Rise Up. Once you’re at a vendor location:
- Tap your wristband on the RFID reader
- Place your order with the staff
- Tap your wristband a second time to confirm your transaction
The amount will automatically be deducted from your account. It’s that easy!
No, you cannot transfer credits once they are in your personalized account. However, any leftover credit will be refunded to you in accordance with our refund policy.
No, you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of their own spending.
No, you cannot combine credit from different accounts once those accounts have been created separately.
If you’ve created an account online and linked your wristband to it, no worries! Visit Customer Service at the event and they will deactivate your lost wristband and issue you a new one. Please bring valid photo ID. Link the new wristband number to your account and continue having a great time – your money is still in your account if you’ve previously linked it.
However, if you did NOT create an online account and didn’t link your wristband, unfortunately your remaining credit balance can no longer be retrieved. To get a replacement wristband, visit Customer Service and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with valid photo ID. If someone else bought the tickets on your behalf, you will need to bring the original purchaser with you to the kiosk and show proof of purchase along with valid photo ID. Replacement wristbands will be issued at the discretion of the Customer Service Representative.
To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your wristbands to that account prior to the event. Treat your wristband the same way you would treat cash! We are not responsible for any funds stolen / missing from your wristband if you lose it.
All credit left unredeemed by the close of the festival on March 5, 2017 will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
- Credit Card & Debit Card: Leftover funds on your account purchased online or on-site at the event using a credit card or debit card will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $5.00 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the end of the event.
- Cash: Leftover funds on your account purchased on-site at the event using cash will require you to complete a Manual Refund Form in your online account page (less a $5.00 refund processing fee). Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form. Visit rru2017.pay.intellifest.com to complete your Manual Refund Form. Simply log in to your cashless account and select the "Refund" tab."
- All refunds are subject to a $5.00 refund processing fee
- Refund processing is subject to verification of the data inputted by the guest in the Manual Refund Form, as each guest is responsible for submitting accurate data
- The deadline to apply for a Manual Refund is March 17, 2017
Please e-mail email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Full registered name
- Wristband number(s)
- What action you are trying to take (topping up, registering, etc.)
- Where the problem appears (e-mail, login screen, external payment site, etc.)
- What the exact error message is
- Transaction number (if applicable)
If you have questions on-site at the event, please speak with a representative at Customer Service or a Top-up Station.